Here are some takeaways from last Sunday’s “My Crazy Family” message. Watch or listen here.
- Marriage is the foundation of God’s creation.
- Without commitment, no relationship will ever be all that God intends for it to be. There is no trade-off for commitment.
- Without commitment, we are joined only by our own self-interests. When self-interests aren’t being met, the relationship crumbles.
- In a healthy marriage, we are “welded” together…first spiritually, then relationally, and finally physically.
- When we have mismatched priorities, we move away from each other and away from God (the “relational triangle”).